My Blog List

Friday, February 21, 2014

Speedy Fox Challenge - Anything, but a card

The Speedy Fox challenge this week is to make anything, but a card.   This was a hard one for me
because cards are my passion.   I had an idea picked out to alter something, but my search at thrift stores, for the item I had in mind, was not successful.   I decided to come home and stamp on a candle.
To do the candle stamping, you need to color your image on tissue paper.  Cut the image out, place it on your candle in the place you want the image, take a large piece of wax paper and wrap it around the candle with your image in place.  Once I had my image in place, I took my heat gun and heated the image.  You will be able to tell when the image is done, the wax paper takes on a little different look.
Be careful and don't burn your fingers or hand while doing this.

Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget to go over to Speedy Fox to see what my teamie's have made.


10 comments:

  1. This is so sweet Shirley ! Love it ! Have a lovely week-end Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Shirley--this is just adorable!!! It would be perfect for anyone who collects roosters, or for a kitchen! Great candle stamping! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your candle turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos, Shirt, on a job well done!! Candle stamping is not for the fainthearted - I have seen first hand - and this will look so nice sitting on your kitchen counter!! The burlap ribbon with the red and white striped on top is perfect!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This would make such great gifts! I really need to give it a try! Love your chickens and pretty ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun candle. Love the ribbon.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Shirley how clever This is beautiful...Lis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job with the candle...so pretty. But I know what you mean...I have learned to be very careful doing this...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is so pretty! I would look so good in my kitchen. I am going to have to try to make one like it now. Guess I need to break down and get that set! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete