My Blog List

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Birthday Cuppa Love

I have a cute card that I made for Classy Cards N Such Blog today.   have a lot of friends that are coffee and tea drinkers so this will be a great card to have on hand.

I started with a white card base and added a layer of pink and white.  The next layer is one that I made a while back when I was playing with my Ken Oliver Color Bursts.   I made them using different colors so now I have one ready for this card.  I like to make extra's when I have the supplies out, they really come in handy to help you a make a quick card for an occasion you may have forgotten about..  The color bursts also are good to have for a card or project when you do not have the color of paper you need.  You just make your own.   For this background I used the Memory Box Texture Drip Ring stencil along with Ken Oliver Color Bursts in  Alazarin CrimsonOrange and just a little dab of the Ultramarine Blue,  which made the hint of green on my card.

I used the Poppy Stamps Teacup Stack die that just arrived from the Classy Cards store.  I put some pink and yellow card stock behind the cups.   I popped the cups up on the background with Joy Foam Pads Large.

The sentiment was stamped using the Sweet N' Sassy stamps called "Keep In Touch".  I like this set because it has almost every sentiment one needs in card making.

For the finishing touch, I added sequins and attached them with Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive.  I think the sequins just help to give the card a more festive look.  

Thanks, so much, for coming by today.  Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

  1. So very, very pretty - and the background is awesome. And, the cup die is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those color bursts and stencil sure made a gorgeous background for your stacked teacup card!! Love your choice of colors for such a happy and cheerful birthday card!! The sequins definitely give it an extra special festive touch to celebrate the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous!! I love the background!! The colors are beautiful!! The stacked cups are fabulous!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Shirley, brilliant work with the colour bursts!! I love the palette you used and those tea cups look lovely! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete