My Blog List

Monday, November 16, 2015

Classy Cards N Such - I Am So Thankful

Here is a card I made for the Classy Cards N Such challenge this week.  When I was thinking about this challenge and what I was going to make,  I was thinking about all the things I am thankful for.  I had a very long list of things.

I started my card with a brown card base,  added pumpkin card stock and a layer of dotted designer paper. 

Next I used my Spellbinders Oval Regalia die with Ivory card stock.  I have had this die for a while and I finally remembered to use it.  It looks even prettier than I had imagined.  I attached it to the designer paper using Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive.

I used my Impression Obsession Classic Truck die with a piece of brown paper from the Graphic 45 Botanical Tea Paper Pad.   I placed the die cut on my oval and made a few marks with a pencil so I knew where it would be located.    I then stamped some pumpkins and colored them with markers.   Next I sponged some blue clouds  and sponged green for the grass.  I stamped some blades of grass in a darker green.  I sponged brown ink around the edges of the truck.  The hub caps were made with silver paper, but I was wearing a red shirt when I took the picture so one of them looks red.  I popped the truck up on the oval using  Joy Foam Dots Small.  I stamped Thankful with the
Sweet N' Sassy stamp set "Keep In Touch".

I added the orange flower and put a Silver Rhinestone in the center for the finishing touch.

Thank you for viewing my card today and be sure to join us for the challenge.  Bev always has a nice prize for the lucky winner.

Challenges Entered

Dies R Us - Thankful
Impression Obsession - Give Thanks

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful Shirley! I love that fancy frame, and your image is wonderful! Reminds me of Thanksgiving when I was young when we all used to jump in the truck and go picking our own pumpkins!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable Shirley ! The little truck is adorable ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous die to create the scene for your "thankful" truck full of blessings - the colors are perfect - the sky is beautiful and I love the load of pumpkins in the back of your truck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful!! I love the truck load of pumpkins!! The die you used is gorgeous!! What a fabulous card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card! Love the truckload of pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love old trucks filled with pumpkins! Awesome creation! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘THANKFUL’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Love that truck! Thanks for playing the IO Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love everything about this! Warm and wonderful and so beautifully put together. Thanks so much for sharing it in our Thankful Challenge at Dies R Us!

    ReplyDelete